In accordance with its principles and values, the Compañía Chilena de Fósforos, through its subsidiary Compañía Agrícola y Forestal El Álamo Ltda., will maintain an adequate balance between the sustainable development of its forestry activities, socio-economic development and environmental protection, committing itself to the following principles:
- Look after the water courses, the protection and maintenance of adjacent flora and fauna.
- Respect the current national legislation.
- To use the water resources that it utilizes in a rational and sustainable way.
- Promote citizen participation in environmental issues.
- Protect environmental resources in their distribution, quantity, quality and diversity.
- Repair, mitigate or compensate for any eventual environmental damages that may be caused.
- Prevent environmental damage.
- Gradualism and continuous improvement in the management of water resources.